Swim Lesson Registration
Now offering modified group lessons for Parent-tot, Minnows, Sharks, Super Strokes, and Pre-comp classes. All lessons meet Washington State’s COVID-19 reopening requirements. Class capacity has been reduced, and a parent or guardian will be required to be in the water.
Resident registration begins: October 26th | Non-Resident registration begins: October 28th
To register, please call (206) 267-2350
Please call 206-267-2350 or email email@example.com for more information.
Meet Your Instructors
Sharks – Pre-comp
Sharks – Pre-comp
Minnows – Pre-comp
Parent-tot – Super Strokes
- Class sizes have been reduced to ratios of 2:1
- Minnow and Shark class participants require an adult to guide the participant in the water as the Instructor teaches from a distance
- Minnow and Shark adult participants are required to wear a mask in the pool while guiding the participant
- All participants need to come swim ready with a towel and recommended goggles (Locker Rooms are closed)
- Mask mask must be worn in all areas of the facility (including pool deck) Mask may be taken off prior to entering the pool (with exception to Minnow and Shark adult participants)
- Participants must maintain social distancing of 6 FT at all times from other participants and Instructors
- Additional participant members (family, friends, etc.) will need to remain out of the facility during lessons (bleachers are closed)
- participants will be required to sign-in upon entry to the facility and sign a waiver (Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release)
- Participant may show up to their scheduled lesson no earlier than 3 minutes prior to start time
Minnow classes are offered in levels 1, 2, and 3 and are designed for children ages 3years – 6 years of age. Minnow students participate in a reduced group setting with a parent or guardian from the same household in the water guiding the child as the Instructor teaches from afar to ensure social distancing. Students learn basic water safety skills and beginner to intermediate swimming skills.
Shark classes are offered in levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 and are designed for children ages 6years – 13 years of age. Shark students participate in a reduced group setting with a parent or guardian from the same household in the water guiding the child as the Instructor teaches from the afar to ensure social distancing. Students learn basic water safety skills and beginner to intermediate swimming skills.
Super Strokes is designed to improve the skills learned in shark level courses and provide students with the skills needed to enjoy swimming as a lifelong sport. Students will also learn advanced water safety skills.
Pre-Comp is designed for those who have passed Super Strokes and want to prepare for competitive team participation.
Private Swim Lessons are available throughout the week. Lessons are scheduled based on the participant’s availability and the availability of an instructor. During private swim lessons participants work 1-on-1 with an instructor on their personal swimming goals. From learning to be comfortable in the water to perfecting the next stroke, private lessons are a great way to go if you have a challenging schedule or desire individualized instruction.
Private swim lesson cost (includes one student, one instructor) – $40 per half hour class for Tukwila resident / $48 per half hour class for non-residents
Semi-private Swim Lessons are available throughout the week. Lessons are scheduled based on the participants’ availability and the availability of an instructor. During Semi-private swim lessons, two participants work with an instructor on their personal swimming goals. Semi-Private Lessons are great for families that are not able to attend lessons during offered course times, groups of friends that are working on learning a swimming skill or skill set together, or small groups that would like more individualized classes.
Semi-private lesson costs (2 students, one instructor) – $24 each per half hour class per person for Tukwila residents / $30 each per half hour class for non-residents.
To register for Private or Semi-private Lessons, call (206)-267-2350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Designed for children 6 month to 3 years of age, this class will help your tot become comfortable in the water and teach them basic swimming skills. Students are welcome to attend class with one or both parents, a grandparent, aunt, uncle or other adult friend. Students preform best when the adult that participates in class with them is consistently the same individual. No more than two adults per student in each class.
Tukwila Pool wants to ensure all Tukwila Residents have access to swim lessons. The pool’s scholarship program is funded annually with the intention of providing Tukwila Residents / Students the opportunity to participate in all levels of our learn to swim program, regardless of income.
To mark a century of swimming safety education, the Red Cross is partnering with Tukwila Pool to help prevent drownings. The scholarship provides families access to our beginner learn to swim programs regardless of income and residency.