Tukwila Pool Volunteers Rock!
The Tukwila Pool is truly a community pool! Our district was founded by dedicated community volunteers who believed that having a local pool that could provide swimming lessons and healthy activities for all was worth it. That tradition continues with our various volunteer-led committees, 3rd Saturday events & special projects.
Do you love the pool too and want to be part of the effort to ensure that it serves our community well? If so, contact TPMPD Director of Aquatics Operations at MSimpson@tukwilapool.org or (206) 267-2350 ext. 103.
Volunteering Options include:
- Finance Committee – The TPMPD Finance Committee is responsible for researching and recommending financial proposals and budgets to the Board of Directors. This can be great experience for someone who is seeking an opportunity to learn more about budgeting and small government financial management.
- Program Committee – The TPMPD Program Committee evaluates, researches and recommends programs and program fees at the Tukwila Pool. Anyone who is interested in helping shape the programs at the pool is welcome!
- Marketing Club – We want everyone to know what a great pool we have, but many people in our community don’t know we’re open to the public or that we even exist. Our Marketing Club meets once a month to brainstorm marketing projects and sometimes members are asked to table at community events to get the word out about the pool, our swim lesson scholarship and our 3rd Saturday events. Call 206-267-2350 and ask for Michelle Simpson, or email email@example.com for more information.
- Monthly Special Events – Every month on the 3rd Saturday the pool throws a special themed event from 1pm to 3pm. Volunteers are needed for to help prep & serve snacks, decorate, judge contests and a host of other fun activities. You can help at one event, or as many as you like. Click here for more info on the events or call 206-267-2350 and ask for Michelle Simpson, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about helping out.
- Special Projects – Past projects have included the Spring Clean Up event and helping collect information for our community needs assessment. Whenever we have a special projects that needs lots of helping hands, we look to our volunteers to assist.